Sunday, July 15, 2012

Books I'm Trying

"The American Heiress" by Daisy Goodwin
This book got great reviews so I thought I would try it.  Heiresses, people with money, 19th century, all stuff I love.  But the detail to even the smallest thing is kind of off putting to me.  I find myself reading 2 pages and then having to put it down because I get bored.  Overall it seems like a good story, but I just can't get into it. Plus a pretty shocking event that happens early on seems so unrealistic to me that I just can't get past it.  But I will trudge on and finish, I promise!


"Seating Arrangements" by Maggie Shipstead
Now I haven't started this book yet but it has gotten great write ups in my fave mags, People and Entertainment Weekly, so I thought I would try it out.  Here's just a snip it of EW's write up "two wonderfully dysfunctional WASPy families are put together, ensconced on a picturesque Nantucket-like island off the New England shore for a 3 day wedding extravaganva."  They had me at New England, 3 day wedding, and ensconced.  I can't wait to read it and report back!





No comments:

Post a Comment